Saturday, June 9, 2012

Graduation Boy

Well...it's true what my sister, Angie posted.  And it's here for anyone to see.  No posts since November.  I'm a miserable failure at this blogging thing.  But hopefully the two of us will do better moving forward.  Angie makes beautiful, beautiful cards, and I look forward to seeing her creations here.

As for now, I just finished a graduation card for a special and dear friend of my daughter.  She loves him very much.  Their school colors are orange and black.  WOW - how do you make a card for a BOY that doesn't look too frilly and girly...AND use orange and black that doesn't look like Halloween.  That was my challenge.  While my daughter, Katelyn, and I don't think Lance will truly appreciate the time spent on this card, we do figure his mother and sister will enjoy it.  Ha!  I also have ulterior motives to post this to a challenge on Krista Smith's blog.  She is the amazing artist who created the Graduation Boy image.  LOVE HER work.  You can get Graduation Boy at https://saturated-canary.myshopify.com/.

In the meantime, enjoy!




Followup to this card...apparently I shouldn't assemble late at night or in this case, early in the morning (around 2 am).  Neither my sister, daughter or I caught that I reversed the numbers in the year.  My dyslexia kicked in for me to honor this card.  Oh well, it's the thought that counts.

xx,
Jo

1 comment: