Sunday, November 18, 2012

There Are Still Little Princesses

Well, my sister has been posting some fabulous, beautiful creations while I've been moving.  It's been a while since I've been able to do any coloring or creating since we've sold our house and have been moving.  We have a busy six to seven months as we build our new home but I am finally unpacked into our temporary home and have a comfortable spot for my crafts.  It's not perfect, and I don't have everything unpacked, but it will allow me to post a little bit between the building chaos until all the goodies are moved into their final craft haven.

I did make an autograph book for a special little girl named Madeline (Maddie) that just went to Disney World.  Her mother works for me, and I have the pleasure of hearing about all of her antics as she grows up.  She just started kindergarten this year.  Her favorite color is pink and I felt this would be a perfect book for her to collect autographs from all the princesses that she would meet.



It was fun making this for her.  She is at the age where everything is special to her eyes.  As she presented her book to all her princesses for their signatures, she told them her mommy's boss made it "just for me".  So cute.

The book is a mini paper album from Kolo that I've had for a while.  I replaced the ribbon that was part of the album with some other ribbon from my ribbon stash.  The background paper is Beautiful Moments by Carina Gardner.  It is by Carta Bella Paper Company.  I love how the bird plays into the special moment of the day.  It definitely will be a time to remember for Maddie.


The image is "Fancy" by Krista Smith from Saturated Canary.  She is so talented and I keep buying her stamps.  I think my husband may try to figure out how to block her site.  Just kidding (but he may wish he could).  I used Copic markers to color her.  The white pearls in her hair are from a Perlen-Pen by Viva Decor and I smeared Diamond Stickles on her dress.  I cut and embossed her with spell-binder die cuts.

"A very Important Date" pocket watch is a stamp set called Greetings from Wonderland by Crafty Secrets.  I used a circle and scallop punch and put on top with a pop dot.  The rope and gem was from my stash.


I honestly can't remember where the shoes came from.  They were in my stash.  It has a beautiful set of gloves with it and a vintage sewing bust.  I love it.  The gems, pearls and flowers came from my stash also.

Below is just one of Maddie's signatures from Disney World.  This is a beautiful souvenir for Maddie to treasure for years to come.


Here is a picture of a very pretty Maddie after she was made up at the Princess Palace.  Isn't she sweet?


I am going to enter this into the following challenges:

www.saturatedcanarychallenge.blogspot.com  Fairy Tales
http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.ca/  Any But a Card Challenge
http://eclecticellapu.blogspot.co.uk/ Layering or Openable or Interactive
http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.com/  Recipe Challenge

Until next time,
Jo


13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really beautiful project and thank you for entering it into our challenge this week at Eclectic Ellapu.
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it sis!! She's beautiful and I'm sure Maddie loves it too! You did a fab job coloring her! Can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOW !!! I love ALL !!! your colouring and colours and this is very beautiful creation ;)

    I am discovering your blog, it's amazing !!

    hugs lilyclochette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation Jo, love the image and your fabulous colouring. I'm sure your daughter will treasure it for many years.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caz - actually this was for the little girl of someone who works for me. My daughter is 20. But when she saw it, she said she wished she was going to Disney World again so she could have one! LOL

      Delete
  6. What a lucky little girl! That autograph book is beautiful! I love the soft colors and your coloring is fabulous. The ropey trim, pearls, flowers and papers are so perfect for a little princess! Thanks for joining the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck!
    Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty little autograph book for one very cute little girl! Your colour work is amazing on the stamped image.
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous little album! Maddie is such a lucky little girl! Thanks for playing along with us at Eclectic Ellapu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so so beautiful & pretty I love this book, love your choice of image as well.

    Thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary, hope you will join us again hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous fairytale/princess card, thanks for joining our challenge on Saturated Canary.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous project! Looks like the gift was well loved! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous card, love the gem you added to it, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete