Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Red Cups Are Back!!

Everyone who knows me knows how much I love Starbucks.  I can truly say I'm addicted.   I love the aroma, the taste, the warmth. I love the feeling I get when I walk into a Starbucks and I know I'm going to leave with my cuppa Joe.  And I especially love the Christmas red cups!



Oh and I love my Bucks app too.  I love not needing my wallet or cash to get my cup.  All I need is my phone.  And I always have my phone. Only trouble with that is I tend to buy more than just my coffee when using my app.  It feels like I'm getting something for free so those salted caramel cake pops and bistro boxes always seem to leave with me too!!

Well the other thing people who know me knows is that I absolutely L-O-V-E eggnog!!   I mean I'm a total FREAK about it.  Seriously. I gain like 7 lbs. every year during nog season because I have it every single day.  Again.  Seriously.   I will make everything I can with nog during the season.  Nog cookies, cake, cream puffs, popcorn. You name it.  I'd try it with egg nog!  NO joke!

Sooooooo,  the relationship between the two things that people know about me is that the Red cups are back at Starbucks and that means EGGNOG LATTES!!   I will have one almost daily from November 1 to January 1.  Red cups also mean all the yummy holiday flavors are
back.  Which one is your favorite??  Peppermint mocha, creme brulee, gingerbread, eggnog??   The website even had a countdown to when the red cups were going to back this year!  So clearly more people than just me are excited about it!

Well finally onto my card.  I wanted to give a Starbucks giftcard to a special person for Christmas and I wanted it to be super cute so here it is!



This is a Sugar Nellie Simply Sassy stamp called Luv a Latte. I printed out a small red cup so she can enjoy her holiday latte also!!  




The snowflakes are MS punches and smothered in glitter.  The oval is Spellbinders and then woven with Christmas "Joy"  ribbon.  The XL scallop square is also Spellbinders.

Inside the card...





I cut one of the holiday red sample cups and used it to hold my giftcard.  I hope she loves it!!
And lastly, the back of the card...


Challenges I would like to enter:


sugarbowlblog.blogspot.com: sketch with an optional color palette
platypuscreekdigitals.blogspot.com: Christmas red & white
craftuscrazy.blogspot.com: favorite color and/or holiday theme
craftybloggersnetwork.blogspot.com: Christmas anything goes
whimsyinspires.blogspot.com: traditional Christmas colors