Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ornamental Christmas

Hello everyone!  Hope all is well.  I'm trying to get a head start on
some of my Christmas cards so I'm not panicking at the last
minute like I usually am!!





This sweet digi is from Saturated Canary and she is called Christmas Angel.
I colored her over a year ago when I was first learning to use my Copics.
 My coloring has improved since then and I can see all my mistakes.  Hehe.
But oh well, don't wanna waste her!!  Yes, I could print her out
again and start all over, but I like seeing my progress.  Plus I still
think she's hella cute!!




The sentiment is from Whimsy stamps and can be found here.
I just love their sentiments.
The ribbon is seam binding that I colored ombre with my Copics.
I used RV91, 95, 99.  I think it turned out pretty nice.
The oval is Spellbinders floral ovals.


The poinsettias diecuts are from Marianne creatables.
The pine branches are Cheery Lynn.
They are all finished off with lots and lots of sparkly stickles!!
The pink stem that looks like it is covered in ice I bought from
my local Michaels.  This thing is gorgeous and it comes in
multiple colors!!

I don't have any ornament shaped die cuts so I decided to make my own.
This is just like we all used to do before the land of electronic cutters
and die cuts existed!!  LOL!!


A close up view of the silver topper on the ornament.  I drew in some lines
with my embossing tool to give it some depth.

Hope I can stay on course and continue to plug away at my Xmas 
cards!!

I will be entering the following challenges:

whimsyinspires.blogspot.com: all things sparkly
crimbo-crackers.blogspot.com: shaped, pink, Christmas

12 comments:

  1. Angie, this is gorgeous! i love your colours and that pretty paper is lovely. i wish my colouring mistakes looked that good! lol
    i love this card. thank you for joining us at fussy and fancy challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card Angie, love the colours and design. Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Angie what a beauty,thanks for joining CCt this week!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, very pretty card Angie. Love the image, shape and design and all the gorgeous details.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever shape for your easel card.Love the colours of your backing papers. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love your colours and sweet image, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card - Love shape. I also love what you have done with the ribbon!

    Thanks for joining us at Stampin' For the Weekend for our Anything Goes Challenge!

    Hugs

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, wonderful image and colouring. Great use of Marianne's dies. Thank you for joining us at Marianne Design Divas this month. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Een supermooie creatie!! Erg leuk in de vorm van een kerstbal.
    Dank je wel voor je bijdrage bij Marianne Design Divas.
    Groetjes Tineke (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty!! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete