Monday, November 12, 2012

Cupcake Superhero

Here is a super quick, super fun card for a young girls birthday.  I used "Cupcake Marci" from La-La Land and I think she is hysterical.  I love everything about cupcakes and if I could be a 
cupcake superhero, I totally would!!  And if I could wear purple and pink everyday and not
look like a child, I would do that too!!  LOL!




The ribbon is actually seam binding from my own stash that I colored with an ombre effect using my copics.  I really like this technique so my ribbon matches my project perfectly!
The gems/rhinestones and charm are also from my stash.
I used the Cheery Lynn "anastasia lace" die to make my lace.
The "filigree" corners are from La-La Land.  They are covered in glitter.
Marci's mask, cape, and belt are also glitterized with my Spica pens.
The corner dots are Candi minis  from Craftwork Cards.


Very simple inside. (was kinda in a hurry)  The stamp set on the front is from JustRite Stampers and the inside sentiment is Stampin' Up.  And of course below are the copics I used.


 Challenges for this card:

brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com: BINGO: bling-glitter-ribbon
craftuscrazy.blogspot.com: favorite color: pink/purple combo
simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com: use your stash (seam binding I colored for ribbon)
craftyannschallengeblog.blogspot.com: tic tac toe: gems-glitter-lace


16 comments:

  1. lovely project! I really like your colour combo!
    thanks for join us at CRAFT us CRAZY

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab colorful project, love all the purple colors and the fab plaid DP. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous design - such fab colouring.
    Thank you for playing along with us Crafty Ann's
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a super card, our olouring is awesome and I love her hair, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie: Your card is so cute--and you used up some of your ribbons stash too! Thanks for joining in our "Use Your Stash - Challenge #26" at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too DesignTeam
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your coloring, Angie, especially Cupcake Marci's hair. We are so glad to joined us at A & T Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight. Hope to see you next challenge too!
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable image! Thanks for playing in our 'Birthday' Challenge #56!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is adorable, great coloring! I would also wear purple and pink every day if I could:) Thanks so much for playing at INKY IMPRESSIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet sweet card. love the colors! Thanks for sharing and playing along with the Use Your Stash Challenge at Simply Create Too!
    Jennifer - Simply Create Too DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, love the purple and pink Thanks for joining us on brown sugar this week, hugs Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fabulous card Angie, thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an amazing card, I love it and love the purple colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at The Emerald Faeries. Good Luck xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Angie I love it! Her purple hair is fabulous. :) I wish I was a cupcake superhero too - the world would be a better place. ;) Thank you so much for joining in on our birthday challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is such a lovely project Angie! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colours. Thank you for joining us at AGOAC,
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete