Sunday, July 22, 2012

Black White Plus One

WOW...It's been a week since I've been able to color and I think I've had some withdrawals.  Too many things going on in our lives and it never seems to stop.  But tonight I was finally able to play a little bit.  There have been visions in my head of a vintage look for a while but every time I try to color, the images just turn out dark.  I'm not sure why I can't do pastels or vintage light coloring.  I'm going to need to start searching the internet for tutorials.

Anyway, I like this girl.  I have two dogs and love to hold and cuddle with them, so this was a must have digi from Krista's Saturated Canary website.  Obviously my plus one color is green.  Black hair is not my favorite thing to color but I found a two color combination that I actually like (100 and C3) and it seems really easy to me.  The other difficulty for me is trying to leave white highlight.  I think I did a good job in her dress but completely missed the boat on her bow.  Oh well...practice, practice, practice.  I'll keep trying but in the meantime, I hope you like her!




Here she is close up!


xoxo,
Jo