Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Fairytale Wedding


 My dear friend Rachel got married today in Italy!  How romantic is that!?  
Sounds like a girls fairytale wedding dream to marry in a castle in Italy, doesn't it?  
 That's how I finally came up with the idea for this card. The beautiful 
bride is a Saturated Canary digi called "Bride" and the carriage
is a digi from Crafts & Me.


  I originally made this card with the bride walking
through a rose covered archway and down a long stone path leading to a church on the
 hillside.  I ended up ditching that idea because I just wasn't happy with all the green 
that the pasture brought into the picture.  


I think birds also make it feel very fairytale like.  I love how these birds
 turned out to appear to be carrying the scroll.  The sentiment is a digi from Sassy Design Studios.  I printed it on cardstock, rolled both ends, with one end
wrapped around a decorative metal rod I purchased at Michaels.
I then distressed the paper and added some ink to
give it an aged look.


Of course this had to have flowers!!  The white one already had bling but
then I added glitter stickles to the rest of them.  It is difficult to see,
but there is also a diamond bauble at the bottom of the bouquet.


I love how the bride turned out.  I have a tough time coloring black hair so
anytime it turns out halfway decent, I'm happy.  I cut a "C" shape at the top of
her headpiece and inserted tulle to give her a veil.  I then added more bling to
give her a pearl headpiece.


Most of my cards are quite bulky because of all the embellies.  So I
have to make enveloboxes like I'm sure a lot of you do also.
This is the one I made for this card.




This card was made with so much love and I hope you find some inspiration!
I will be entering this into several fun challenges:

saturatedcanarychallenge.blogspot.com:  B's: Bride, birds, bouquet, bling, brads
whimsyinspires.blogspot.com:  Anything goes
thepoodlesparlour.blogspot.com:  Here come the girls
thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com: Wedding/Anniversaries
blog.oozak.com: Sparkle
comeandgetitchallenges.blogspot.com: tictactoe (pearls, free (diecuts), ribbon)
paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com: punches
thecraftypad.blogspot.com: scraptastic
scrap-creations1.blogspot.com: pick 3: ribbon, pearls, die-cuts/punches
gingerloftchallenge.blogspot.com: birds
kaboodledoodles.blogspot.com: flowers
tuesdaythrowdown.blogspot.com: gems

17 comments:

  1. Love your card and you can tell it was made with lots of love. It must be going to a very special couple. Beautiful detals. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Angie, this is just stunning. I love all the attention to detail and gorgeous embellishments. I'm sure your friend will treasure it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card thank you for joining us at come and get it challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning card with so many pretty embellishments...I'm sure Rachel loved it!! Thanks for playing with us over at The Poodles Parlour!!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful project! Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps for our Anything Goes challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely creation! thanks for playing along at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love all the embellishments! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woow, this card is absolutely amazing! So many beautiful details and the layout is so awesome. Love it!! Well done!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Gingerloft.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Gingerloft Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, absolutley stunning, I love every thing about your card

    Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Throwdown and very good luck
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just great! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just stunning absolutely stunning a fairytale card for a fairy tale wedding love everything about it from the images to the layout and die-cuts and the sentiment is perfect thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week good luk with the challenge and do come back and join us next eek
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Completely Beautiful and amazing! Great work...love the veil! Genius! So happy you shared with The Pink Elephant this week! Big Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and elegant card. Thank you so much for joining us at Oozak Challenge :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Angie - this is such a wonderful fairytale card. Love the attention to detail with the bride's headress and the muted palette of colours is wonderful.
    Thanks for sharing it at The Crafty Pad in last week's "Scrap-tastic" challenge. Sorry for the delay in getting over to you - life kind of got in the way. Sorry!
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness Angie... this IS obviously a card made with love. It's just wonderful! Great, great job! So glad you could join in our Saturated Canary challenge this time. Good luck!
    Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous card. So attractive design. I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card! Love the idea, all the colors and all the layers! Nice touch with the ribbon around the framed die cut.. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete