Saturday, January 10, 2015

For a Beastie In My Life

Have you seen the Disney movie Maleficent yet?  Oh I really did love it.  My friend, who is a Stampin' Up demonstrator, asked me to go see it with her and her eight year old daughter, Katie.  Since my daughter is 22 now, I jump at any opportunity to go see a Disney movie with someone else's daughter.  It was sooooo good, in my humble opinion.  If you've watched the movie, you know that Maleficent called the princess "Beastie".  When we left the theatre, Katie asked her mother to call her Beastie.  So cute!

When I saw that Alyce Keegan had a project class called Mali that featured a Saturated Canary stamp...I couldn't resist purchasing it.  Here's what I have to say about Alyce's coloring classes.  I am only partially through the hair and clothing class.  Her step by step instructions make it so easy to learn.  When I looked at the Mali and background class, I felt confident enough to take on coloring Mali.  I highly recommend you purchase these classes if you want to learn more techniques in coloring.

Anyway, I colored Mali and put her in a card for my friend's daughter.  Even though I'm still learning as I practice and practice coloring, I do love the way she turned out.  I am not great at making cards, but I tried to Mali look like she was coming out of the gate!


Here is a close up of Mali.  Want to see the colors I used?  Well, she is colored exactly as given in Alyce's Mali Project Class.  Hop over there and take a look.


The dies used for this card are La-La Land's Berry Flourish and Heartfelt Creations Ornate Gateway.  I made the flowers using some paper flowers I had and colored them with 3D-Stempel-Farbe stamp paint - color Walnut Brown-Metallic.  I'm sorry but I can't tell you much about the paper.  I have so much paper that it's rare if I know where it is from.

Hope you liked Mali.  I'm excited to give it to my beastie that went to the movie with me.

xoxo,
Jo


No comments:

Post a Comment