Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Roses Are a Great Way to Show Your Love

Hi Everyone!

It's Scrappers Delights Thrifty Thursday again.  

Here is my DT project using Rose Tag.  This isn't a normal image for me to color up.  It's great to be on a design team that pushes you to do things outside your comfort zone.  I decided to enlarge the rose to 4 inches wide and crop the height to 4 inches to make it square.

I then print the image and cut the cardstock just a little over 4 inches.  Take a background stamp and stamp over the flower with a lighter color.  I used gray by Momento ink with a retired background stamp from Stampin' Up called French Script.  Then I colored the image with Copic markers.

To make the card, I layered up white cardstock in different textures.  One of those layers was embossed with a polka dot embossing folder.  The image was put on a black and silver foiled cardstock.

The saying is also from Stampin' Up from a kit called Petite Pairs.  It was also backed with the same paper as the rose and then wrapped with 1/8" white ribbon.




No comments:

Post a Comment