Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Glittery Christmas Elf Marci (workshop)

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Hopefully 2013 is a great year!  Everyone knows how hard it is to keep a
 New Years resolution.  That is if you choose to even make one! 
Mine was to try and buy less crafts and use up the stash I have because
my craft room is busting at the seams!! But I'm pretty sure I'll break 
 that resolution! I just need a bigger craft room!!

Here is project #2 from the workshop I took in early December with
Irina Blount of LaLaLand Crafts.  I was really excited about this one
because it was a new approach to coloring for me: coloring ON glitter!
It was a little challenging at first but it actually is easier than I thought.
My pics do not give the glittery effect justice because I'm not using
a great camera.  But in real life it is super sparkly!!


               

Left and right side views to try and show the many layers.

   

            


The glitter was Glitter Ritz and it was burnished onto double stick paper.
The image is then stamped on top of the glitter and colored.
Who woulda thunk it?? :)





Here I'm trying to show the paper pleating of the printed green paper.
I love how it gives a lot of dimension.  I also love the candy cane yarn.





And last the inside of the card!  Irina always stamps the inside of her cards
with the same image that is on the front and I think it just adds so much!!
So as far as supplies go, of course the image is LaLaLand Crafts.
She is called Christmas Elf Marci.   All the dies used are also LLL Crafts.
They are Christmas tree, holly flourish, large flourish, rolled roses and lotus.
The little ivory dots are pearl paint.

Thanks for looking!

                    XX,
                    Angie





3 comments:

  1. gorgeous!! i love that beautiful texture to the image and the colouring is just amazing. perfect work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Propelpmc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
    reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to
    bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.
    I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
    have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete