Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Snowflakes, Hot Chocolate & Marshmallows

I love my coffee but I also love hot chocolate.  With marshmallows.  In winter.
Today I have a  mug-shaped card to give this warm and toasty drink
as a gift. This was a lot of fun to make and I hope the recipient loves it!!

I started with a Saturated Canary image called "Hot Cocoa".  I love her
and I think she's just adorable.  I colored her to coordinate with my yummy 
snowflake "Winterings" paper from Little Yellow Bicycle.  Her earmuffs
 and boot lining are puffed with SnowTec. 


I cut out a window in the mug and filled the hole with acetate so the cocoa
and marshmallows are viewable.  I then stamped the sentiment 
and snowflakes with Stazon Opaque white ink.
                                 I made the steam coming out of the top of the cup with wire.

The big blue snowflake is from Michaels and I made the rosette with the
same papers.  The burlap sticker is also from LYB.  The flourishes were
                           made with Magnolia dies.  The snow fluff is also from Michaels.  

A side view of the hot cocoa and marshmallows stuffed inside.

 Copics I used.

I am honored this week to be the guest designer over at ABC
Challenges.  The challenge is "Let It Snow".  We were to make a card
using either snow, snowflakes, or a snowman.  I hope this card is
up to the challenge!!

Other challenges I would like to enter this fun card into: